4x4 problem

Old 12-23-12, 01:19 PM
4x4 problem

I need some help, please. I'm trying to locate any vaccum lines on the transfer case vaccum disconnect axle lock motor on a 1999 Ford Explorer 2 door 6 cylinder 4.0. I have found a rather large hose from the transfer case on top heading forward with what looks like a round headed bolt in the end, just behind engine block. I believe this to be just a vent hose, as the Chilton manual clearly states that the vaccum lines are on the vaccum disconnect axle lock motor, which leads me to believe that these vaccum lines are much smaller. They do not show these lines anywhere in the exploded views, nor do they mention them anywhere else in the Chilton manual that I can find. Now, of course, all I can locate on that locking motor is wiring plugs, 2 sets, I believe. Where are the vaccum hoses? Step 3 in the directions for Removal Of The Vaccum Disconnect Axle Lock Motor is: label and disconnect vaccum lines at the shift motor. Step 4 is: unplug electrical wire harness from shift motor. And like I said, I cannot see any vaccum hoses. WTH

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-12, 01:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I thought we had already visited this here: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/pa...4-problem.html

Old 12-23-12, 02:14 PM
We did, but since then, 2 snow storms hindered me from gettin under the truck to look for anything. The last couple of days when not shoveling snow I crawled under in search for these vaccum lines. I still haven't located any. If that is all that is keeping the 4wd from working, I'd like to adress the problem before taking it to a shop. I just need to know where the vaccum lines run to and from. Need my 4wd badly. Thanks