Fuse Location for 1990 Buick Century

Old 12-28-12, 01:21 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Fuse Location for 1990 Buick Century

Fuse Location

I have a 1990 Buick Century Wagon. I am trying to find the fuse for the cigarette lighter. The manual says “The fuse holders are taped together with gray tape and are located behind the glove box.” I removed the glove box and cannot locate the fuse holders. Please advise.

Thanks,
Jerry

Old 12-28-12, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
That seems very odd. That car uses blade type fuses.....should be a box under the drivers side (normally), behind a panel on the sides of the dash, or in the engine compartment. Autozone says yours in under a panel on the drivers side.

Why would they put a user replaceable item behind the glovebox?

Old 12-28-12, 03:01 PM
J
I looked under the hood and could not find any fuse box. On the driver’s side under the dash there is no indication of any fuse box. As I looked under the driver’s side dash there is a one piece cardboard cover that stretches from the door to the accelerator that is mounted by screws. I did not remove that because I thought since there was no indication or compartment labeled fuse box, the fuse would not be there. Also, the side panel on the driver’s side had no fuse box.

Jerry

Old 12-28-12, 11:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
Pretty sure it's under the drivers side. Try removing the cardboard to look for fuseholders.

And from what I've been seeing......the cig ltr fuse is an inline fuse behind the ashtray. You may have to trace the wiring from the cig ltr well.to the fuseholder.

Old 12-29-12, 02:26 PM
J
I called my mechanic and mentioned my issue. He thought it was not behind the cigarette lighter and he would look at it. He still thought the fuse would be in the normal fuse block in glove department. Anyway, I took the car in. What an ordeal.

First, the fuse was not behind the cigarette lighter. It was not directly behind the glove department. He was about to give up and was thinking about installing a new wire to my lighter. He then pulled out the fuse box in the glove department and behind it and way up high (difficult to see) was the wire harness for two fuses. He worked on trying to find it for over an hour.

What a place to put a fuse.

Anyway, thanks for your replies.

Jerry
12/29/12

Old 12-29-12, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Never in a million years would I think of that being where to find it. Crazy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: