bulb replacement help please

Old 01-13-13, 11:39 AM
bulb replacement help please

I need to replace a burned-out bulb on my '98 Ranger, but don't really know what the trick is to access the bulb/socket there within the light assembly. It's this one http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...psa0a2e81c.jpg
there just to the left of the illuminated headlight. It's an amber bulb and when working it illuminates also when the headlights are turned on. Not sure what it's called either, perhaps a "running light"? It's not a turn signal light.
Anyway, the bulb in there needs replacing but looking at it all around and behind I really can't tell how to go about getting access to it. Looking all around I don't really see where/how to do it. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-13, 01:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's called a side marker light. I believe that you will need to remove the headlight assembly and then the turn signal assembly to get to it . It should be a # 194 type bulb. May as well replace the turn signal bulb while you are at it to save a second tear down.

Old 01-13-13, 03:49 PM
Thanks, Well then, it looks as if removing the headlight assembly will be at least slightly challenging in itself. Looks like I need to remove a couple of funny-looking pain-in-the-a*** little metal clips off the mounting bolts, the lower one of which seems rather inaccessible especially when it comes to trying to put it back on. Fun stuff here.

Old 01-13-13, 07:24 PM
pretty obvious

Old 01-13-13, 08:09 PM
Whoa! Thanks ukrbyk. I was way off on the wrong track. I didn't even look down there where I could've see those screws under there that secure the assembly (there as pictured in your reply). I didn't realize those two lens assemblies are molded into the same part like that. I kept trying to look down from the top area for some way to get into it all, and was really baffled. Perfect explanatory picture and thanks again for providing it. Anyway, thanks to your reply I got the bulb out already. Not at all complicated.

Old 01-14-13, 05:46 PM
next time buy Chevy. Easiest headlight jobs ever. Glad I could help.

Search this Thread