2001 Buick Lesable vibration and rumble after motor mount install.

Old 02-24-13, 08:36 AM
2001 Buick Lesable vibration and rumble after motor mount install.

I just installed all 4 new motor mounts and now I have some vibration coming up thru the seats when I put the car in drive and hold the brake such as at a stop light. The car is also noisier, ie a small, low rumble almost like a muffler needs replacing. The install went well with no problems and there is not a lot one could screw up, ie you remove the old mount and install the new one. Any one have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-13, 11:03 AM
Syder6,

Are the motor mounts you installed the "Cheap After-Market" type, or are they "OEM" Quality?

Thank You
Amy

Old 02-25-13, 04:27 AM
Group Moderator
Certainly sounds like motor mount issue. Try having a helper stand on the brake with the tranny in drive and give it a little gas to see if you get any engine movement. Make sure helper is competent and you don't stand in front of car when doing this check as there' some risk involved.

Old 03-04-13, 04:08 PM
Sounds like one or more of the new mounts is grounding out to the frame and acting like an amplifier along with the vibration. I'm not a betting man but I'll almost bet that's whats going on.
Check and inspect all of the mounts again. One of them is not insulating the engine from the frame.

Old 03-06-13, 07:26 PM
Thank you for the reply. Your bet sounds like it has a lot of merit. I will check that tomorrow.

Old 03-06-13, 07:30 PM
Amy,
I'm not sure how to judge whether they are OEM quality. I bought them online from Rock Auto and they are made by Anchor which is a fairly well known company. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Search this Thread