2 Wheel Bearings gone bad - 2008 Infiniti G35X

Old 04-09-13, 01:56 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2 Wheel Bearings gone bad - 2008 Infiniti G35X

At 58k miles, the right front wheel bearing went, covered fully under warranty. Just brought the car into the shop a month ago for brake work - turns out left REAR brake caliper was seized. After 2 new rotors, 2 calipers and pads, I start hearing a humming noise, from the front. Turns out the LEFT FRONT wheel bearing went bad - at 85k miles!! Dealer says no recalls or TSBs, but why would this happen on BOTH front axles in such short mileage? Also, why on the non-drive wheels? This is a predominately rear-wheel drive car, only all wheel on demand, which is rarely used.

Also, was hit by a deer about 6 months ago, damage was limited to the left front part of the wrap around bumper, don't think he even touched the wheel...could anything like that have caused the wheel bearing to go?? Not happy about shelling out $500 to the dealer - wasn't really up the the task myself.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-13, 06:56 PM
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Grrr... ANd my son bought one of those for his wife... And I was seriously considering trying out a Nissan. I think, I'll pass.
Oops, sorry for no help. It is what it is. Hub bearings are not that hard to DIY.

Old 04-09-13, 08:42 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Prior car was a 2001 Nissan maxima - had to replace a rear wheel bearing at 100k+ miles...

Old 04-10-13, 04:22 AM
N
Received 17 Votes on 16 Posts
It doesn't take much to do in your wheel bearings.
Slightly off allignment, poor roads, agressive cornering/driving will easily do in wheel bearings over that type of milage.
I'm not sure if the love tap from the deer could/would have done any damage to the front end alignment, but it is possible.