Sluggish on 'Up-Hill' driving when rainy and damp weather

Old 06-14-13, 08:01 AM
Sluggish on 'Up-Hill' driving when rainy and damp weather

Hi:
Toyota Corolla 2011 with 150,000/mid-range mileage

Recently,there have been a lot of heavy and down-power rainy days along with high-humidity in the region where I live.

Yesterday, it was very heavy rain along with a lot of humidity in the air almost all day long and I had a hard time to steer and drive 'Up-Hill' street that stretching about a half mile. Also, there is a faint smell of Gas when I push hard on gas-pedal to steer the car.

However, I never experienced the incident like this, above when nice and less-humidity weather.

Just wonder whether this problem is related to a bad oxgen senser or some emission related problem?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-13, 08:59 AM
PineCone,

Have the spark plugs and fuel filter been replaced recently? Your car uses COP (coil on plug) technology. It’s possible that one or more coils are misfiring. It’s also possible that one or more fuel injectors are misfiring. Auto Zone stores offer a free loaner tool service where you can borrow tools and test equipment for free. Go to an Auto zone and get a “Coil On Plug Testing Tool” to confirm that the coils are firing, and a “Noid Light” to confirm that the fuel injectors are firing. Be sure to follow the instruction that come with both tools. Auto Zone also does free scans for “Engine Error Codes”, so while at the store getting the tools, have a scan done, and post any “Error Codes” that may be set.

Thank You
Amy

Old 06-15-13, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the response.

"Tune-up' was done back in the early Spring when the car got very sluggish. One of 'tune-up' was all spark-plugs replacement along with other maintenances. It was done by Toyota dealer where the car was purchased long ago. I paid more than $1500 for that repair and maintenace.

Then, it's quite puzzling, however this is only one incident. Actually, yesterday when the weather was very nice and no rain, the car was in very good running condition, including there was no problem driving 'up-hill' road.

I plan to make fairly long trip soon, then it makes me a bit concern over this incident.

Any clues would be truly appreciated.

Old 06-15-13, 10:23 AM
PineCone,

Thank you for last response. Unfortunately your response does not answer the unanswered questions already being asked here. Please answer those questions as soon as you can thank you.

This is simple and obvious, but (just as a friendly reminder to you), you must know and understand that I do not have your vehicle in front of me to run any tests on. I shouldn’t have to say this, because (again) it’s simple and obvious, but you must be my eyes and hands here in the effort to resolve your issue.

That simply means that you must answer all my questions and keep me updated with any new developments or changes with respect to your issue and for a quick resolution.

Thank You
Amy

Old 06-15-13, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the response.

I can not answer to your questions, since I never did go to Auto Zone or any other facilities to get it tested. Only place I go is Toyota dealer or nearby reputable car-repair shop.

My intention putting the thread is I'm looking for the clue to this issue before making a trip to the dealer or car repair-shop.

Sorry, for not to able to provide a good answer to your questions as to AutoZone.

Old 06-15-13, 12:59 PM
Hi PC,
Not my field, but the association of humidity and moisture seems to relate to an ignition problem. Unfortunately, everything I'm used to seeing under a hood is no longer there, but high voltage and moisture will reduce performance.

Good luck,
Bud