A/c just stopped in my car

Old 06-22-13, 10:26 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A/c just stopped in my car

I have 2007 Toyota corolla, the a/c first started doing this right around the 30,000 mile mark. It works fine then it just stops working, the compressor comes on but absolutely nothing comes out of the vents. It will be this way for a while then it will start working again. It has done this about 3 times since I bought the car but only once while the car was under warranty and then it was only for a couple of minutes. The last time it was out for a day or two then started blowing air again and has worked fine for about a year. Now it's done it again, I would like to have some idea of what I need to tell the repair shop before I go in, not knowing anything about cars I don't want to be taken advantage of. Any help would be great!

Old 06-23-13, 12:26 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,411 Votes on 1,305 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You are saying that when in the AC mode the fan stops blowing ?

Is it working normally in heat mode ?

There may be a variable speed electronic control board or based on your answer regarding heat mode....could be the fan motor or possibly control relay.

Old 06-23-13, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Had a similar issue with my Suzuki...sometimes it wouldn't come on..then a few minutes later it would start...or it could be running, and then stop. Once it seemed like it had quit completely I figured it was time to find the issue. Turned out the connector to the fan was just slightly loose, snapped it back on to the connection, made sure latches were engaged, problem solved.

Old 06-23-13, 08:31 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No a/c

In response to your post, nothing happens when the heater is on. It's like it is dead. I can hear the compressor coming on but nothing coming through the vents.

Old 06-23-13, 01:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,411 Votes on 1,305 Posts
When you put the control to heat....I don't think the AC should come on. The AC does come on in defrost though.

Ok.....so you have a fan motor problem. You'll have to go right to the motor and check it's connector plug and then work back. A test light or meter is going to be needed for testing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: