rebuilt 2004 Subaru STI leaks oil like a siv

Old 07-05-13, 05:15 PM
rebuilt 2004 Subaru STI leaks oil like a siv

My son bought a 2004 Subaru STI last winter. Engine went out within the month he bought it last January and he took it to a place he read was the best that is an hour away. So he finally got it back today and the engine leaks oil like a siv. My husband showed me and I saw the oil drip off the engine . The whole bottom of the engine is covered with oil My son had to pay almost $4000 ; it was still under warranty from the used dealer . I didn't think he'd have to pay that much. He wants to have it towed back tomorrow. The shop is open Saturdays I don't see how the shop allowed him to take it like this. I took pics but it looks worse in person. Besides taking it back , what would you's do? thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-13, 07:13 PM
Well my son is going to have it towed and will follow the truck to talk to the so called experts that only work on Subaru's. He wants to talk to them in person. I was just wondering if there was a warranty why did he have to pay so much; and if anyone else had their vehicle's engine rebuilt and not fixed.

Old 07-05-13, 07:57 PM
You need to talk with the dealer who offered the warranty. Many used to offer a 50-50 which ment they would pay for parts and you payed for the labor.The shop shouldn't have let the car out with a oil leak.