Ford explorer (Radiator Replacement)

Old 08-23-13, 03:58 PM
Ford explorer (Radiator Replacement)

If I have a 2000 Ford Explorer what all year radiator work in it

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-13, 04:09 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know but I quit buying used radiators a long time ago. It doesn't cost that much more to buy a new radiator and you don't have to worry about it being plugged up or leaking. Check the yellow pages or internet for discount radiators.

Old 08-24-13, 10:55 AM
It would certainly depend on what engine/transmission/trim level/option model you have

2000 Ford Explorer Specifications Specs

Old 08-25-13, 11:02 AM
v8 5.0 motor
2000 ford explorer

Old 08-25-13, 03:37 PM
Any good salvage yard will have this info.

Old 08-25-13, 03:39 PM
Automatic transmission? With A-C?

Try checking Autozone and Advance Auto Parts websites for radiators. Sometimes there will be information on what models the part will fit. That being said, I wouldn't waste my time or money on a used radiator.

Old 08-25-13, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
Any used radiator should be flushed and pressure checked by a shop anyway, for the cost of that (unless the rad is free), you won't be saving much money with a used one over buying new. Matter of fact...I'd bet rads are one of the first things scrapped unless they are perfect condition in brand new cars that were wrecked, or for cars that original parts would be hard to find. Your vehicle doesn't fit in either category. Millions of Explorers sold and replacement parts are plentiful and cheap.

Older rads were brass, fins, tubes, and tanks...valuable scrap. Newer ones are plastic tanks with aluminum fins and tubes...still worth good money for scrap value. And they don't have to deal with storage or inventory.

Autozone has one for your vehicle...$190. A/T, M/T no matter. They only list one for a 2000 w/a 5.0L. You can probably find it even cheaper. RockAuto is $105-120 plus shipping.