transmission filter change


Old 08-26-13, 06:50 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: usa
Posts: 11
transmission filter change

we took the transmission pan out to change the filter. And a small white plastic piece that looks like a fishing cork fell out and we don't know where it came from. Does anyone know what this could be.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-13, 07:22 PM
lawrosa's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Galivants Ferry SC USA
Posts: 17,643
Sound like the left handed whistle valve. These can be very troublsome to reinstall without them making a whistle noise and in some instances turning into a right hand whistle valve...

Just joking of course, but if you give the make, model and year car we can help... It sounds like the piece that may hold the filter on.
Old 08-26-13, 07:46 PM
iceman681's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 437
im sure this is a ford trans? this is a factory plug they use for the dipstick tube. instead of taking them out they just push it through when installing the stick. its nothing but trash.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes