2002 Infiniti QX4 - A/C Problem

Old 08-30-13, 05:13 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2002 Infiniti QX4 - A/C Problem

Hi, I am having an issue with the A/C on a 2002 Infiniti QX4. It is blowing fine, but the air is not cold at all.

Someone has told me I should try to recharge the refrigerant, but my understanding is that that shouldn't really be needed unless there was another underlying problem. How can I determine whether it is a problem with the compressor or something else? I suppose I need to check for a leak/blockage but I am not so sure exactly how to go about that.

Again, the "volume of air" being blown is fine, but the air is not cold whatsoever... Could someone please advise me where to start to try and workup what the problem. Is there some type of diagnostic I could run from the A/C panel?

2002 Infiniti QX4. Thanks for any help!

Old 08-30-13, 05:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,117 Upvotes on 3,697 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Before considering freon..... check to see if the A/C compressor is running.

Old 08-31-13, 11:54 AM
D
Hi PJ, thanks for coming in!

Yes, the compressor turns on. When the A/C is off the clutch does not rotate it, but when I turn on the A/C I can see it clearly turning.

So the compressor should be ok correct? Next to do is what?

Old 08-31-13, 01:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,117 Upvotes on 3,697 Posts
If the compressor is running when you put it in A/C mode then it's most likely not a freon issue. If the unit was low on freon the compressor would cycle constantly or not run at all.

You may have a stuck blend door. That's a door that moves from A/C coil to heat coil based on temperature setting on the control.

Old 09-08-13, 08:03 PM
D
Thanks. Can you suggest a way that I can test a little further to be sure that is the problem? Or should I just search around online for some information about replacing this to use a guide?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: