Honda maintenance schedule

Old 09-14-13, 12:22 PM
Honda maintenance schedule

I have a 2007 Honda Accord ,V-6 with 44k miles.

The service manual has me confused on when to change the timing belt,and
tune up (spark plug replacement). On further research on Spark plug change interval, i get anywhere from 40k to 110k miles.
Car is driven daily in winter months,and summer months here in Massachusetts,has 44k on odometer,and 6 yrs.of driving.

Thoughts

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-13, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
What does the owners manual say? Thats what I always reference as the gospel when it comes to maintenance. Not that I always follow it, but that's my choice.

Old 09-14-13, 03:57 PM
Timing belt change is mileage and age. Age is up to 7(?) years,depending on mileage for timing belt.

Spark plugs vary from around 60 to 110 thousand miles.

Thanks for your reply

Old 09-14-13, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Well, that doesn't really explain much. Up to 7 yrs depending on mileage? Normally it's either/or. Not 7 yrs and at least 60K, but either 60K or 7 yrs, whichever comes first. You are almost to 7 yrs so if that's the situation, it's time no matter what. Remember...a 2007 was probably manufactured and sold in 2006. Except for taxis, fleet vehicles, and such, 95% of people should use the regular service (not heavy or rough) schedule per the manual.

How can the plug interval vary? I think you need to read the whole section. Like I said it's normally either/or.

Don't look at websites and such for this info, just read and understand the manual. If the manual says oil changes at 7K....why would you listen to some numbskull behind a keyboard (like me...lol) that says 3K or 12K is best?

Old 09-14-13, 07:14 PM
The reason you get different ideas is that no one can say with certanty (sp) when to change these things. It depends on many variables. On the plugs I check the gas milage occasionaly and if it drops or performance decreases I change them. My current vehicle has 114K on the plugs. As for the belt,,if you are concerned about it change it and get it off your mind. Time takes a toll on things as well as mileage.

Old 09-15-13, 10:36 AM
Thanks for your inputs.
My trusted mechanic says basically the same things you both
mentioned.
Thanks for your replies