Hyundai Accent 2007 alarm goes off when door is opened

Old 10-22-13, 04:46 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hyundai Accent 2007 alarm goes off when door is opened

This is a very basic car no power windows or doors. We don't have any remote control for it. We replaced the battery. Now alarm goes off in the car every time we open the door and we have no clue how to silence or deactivate it without disconnecting the battery cable. Obviously the car has an alarm system and we don't care about it. Is there a way to deactivate the system ? We tried inserting the key in the door while the alarm was going off but that did not help. Thank you very much.

Old 10-22-13, 05:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,480 Votes on 1,368 Posts
We need to know if it's a factory system or an aftermarket one.

Is the alarm siren one of those that keeps changing the type of siren or is it the car horn beeping ?

Are there any blinking red lights on the dash ?

Old 10-22-13, 07:40 PM
M
It is the car's horn that gives out the same beep. No lights at all when the alarm goes off. Does that help ? Thanks.

Old 10-22-13, 07:52 PM
Group Moderator
Ok.....so it sounds like a factory alarm. Give this a try:

Insert the key in the ignition in the "ON" position. Leave it there and wait until the alarm stops sounding. It may take between thirty seconds and one-and-a-half minute.

Once the alarm stops, turn the key to the left like if you were going to take it out, but don't remove the key.

Wait exactly 10 seconds and turn the car on.

This should disable the alarm until it is engaged again using the remote..... which you don't have so it shouldn't rearm.

Old 10-23-13, 02:19 PM
M
This procedure did not work, and I am very sorry. I did notice some lights flashing inside the instrument panel when the alarm goes off. Also, there is a small red blinking light under the dashboard area which flashes when the alarm goes off. I disconnected all the plugs from the alarm unit (Code Alarm is its brand). Now the alarm won't go off but the starter does not work. Something kills the starter when the alarm is unplugged. I do not have power locks or power windows on this car. If I can get it to just start now with the alarm disconnected, I am all good. Any more tips will be appreciated.

Old 10-23-13, 02:29 PM
Group Moderator
There is going to be a small square relay attached to the alarm system that disables the starter circuit. If you look at the wiring harness at the base of the steering column you may see it there. It would have two heavy wires going to the column wiring and one small wire back to the alarm.

If you can give me the model number off the CodeAlarm system I should be able to tell you which wire to follow.

Just a thought....
If you are leaving the alarm connected for now so that the vehicle starts..... see if there is a pushbutton either under the dash or maybe tied to the alarm wiring. If you find it..... push it in while turning the key on. It should put the alarm in valet mode.

Old 10-23-13, 04:27 PM
M
I can't find a relay. The only thing I see on the CodeAlarm: MM1 and FCC ID:
H5oR51. Thanks for your time.

Old 10-24-13, 12:19 AM
Group Moderator
That's the model number.... MM1

To engage valet mode:
  1. Turn the ignition key ON/OFF, ON/OFF, ON/OFF.
  2. The red LED will flash 2 times quickly then pause indicating that the system is in valet mode. When valet mode is activated all security functions will be disabled.
You can use valet to disable the system.

To permanently remove system and regain normal starting....... find the two pin plug at one end of the unit. It should have a white and a red/white wire on it. Cut and join the wires. You can use a wire nut or crimp as long as the splice is insulated. Now you can pull the module out of the car.

Old 10-24-13, 10:18 AM
M
It worked !! You guys rock ! I really appreciate your time. The two wires had different colors but I was able to find them. I cut them off then connected them and the car works like a charm !! Thanks again.

Old 04-19-14, 10:11 AM
J
You guys just saved me the cost of a tow and the $150 my dealership was going to charge me for one of the alarm clickers. Thank you so much. You deserve a medal.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: