Can you help me identify this broken car part. With pictures.

Old 12-22-13, 04:21 PM
mattdwagner's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 31
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can you help me identify this broken car part. With pictures.

Pictures of broken part. Any help on what the name of this broken part is what help. Thanks.
Attached Images   
Old 12-22-13, 04:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 3,860
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Make, model, front, rear?
Looks like a torsion bar.
Bet that brackets an OEM or junk yard available part.
Old 12-22-13, 05:02 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 65,451
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
Torsion bar or sway bar.

You can pickup a new set of bushings and brackets as a kit. For most applications you can get them aftermarket from Energy Suspension if you want something HD or from places like Advance Auto, Pep Boys, etc. for a standard replacement set.

Change both at the same time.

Name:  bush.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  44.1 KB
Old 12-22-13, 07:02 PM
ukrbyk's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA/ Pacific NW
Posts: 3,671
Received 63 Upvotes on 54 Posts
it's a sway or antiroll bar bushing bracket that broke. bushing itself is piece of open rubber sitting on subframe edge. It's actually quite an easy fix, with all the clear access. You'll run into maybe 20-30 bucks for set of 2. Do both, not point in leaving other one as is.
Torsion bars are perpendicular to control arm and go into it. I had them. Tanks and APCs have them across the subframe and into rollers.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: