fender/bumper/grill replacement 1994 buick century

Old 01-12-14, 07:43 AM
fender/bumper/grill replacement 1994 buick century

Hello all,My dad wrecked 94 century and have to replace the bumper/rh fender/grill plus rh headlamp marker assemblies.car only has 83,000 miles on it.I was thinking of junking car but if parts from bones yard dont cost too much then may repair.Most of work i do is engine and diagnostic work and every time I try to gather body panel replacement info from my alldata info system it is very limited.tells how remove hood and trunk.anywhere else to get removal information.when weather warms up I am going to get a better look at.Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-14, 10:51 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I know there is a question, right?........

Old 01-12-14, 12:27 PM
Yeah, he asks how to remove bumper fascia and headlights panel. I keep forgetting name to it, on GM products, it's a wide bracket spanning fender to fender and holding headlights in place.

OP, keep in mind, Buick used to practice hydraulic bumper shocks as main attachment points. Don't be surprised, if you take fascia, aka cover off, and find oil leaks in them. But far as I remebr from my Buick Century, it's all very easy bolt on stuff.

Old 01-12-14, 12:28 PM
anywhere else to get removal information?

Old 01-12-14, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
In my area...the smaller bodyshop guys are perfectly willing to help with advice if you approach them right. Of course my questions were simpler.

Old 01-12-14, 01:20 PM
Group Moderator
Before you go prowling junk yards, it might be worth your time to surf the web for aftermarket replacement parts. Some of them are quite reasonable. Found a grill, for instance, for $16.56; headlight assembly $25, bumper cover $57, fender $70.

Old 01-17-14, 01:49 PM
I have just about quit prowling the wrecking yards . Most of the prices to DIY'ers is almost as high as new parts . At least in our area .

Look for a lot of screws , nuts and bolts , holding every thing together .

Best of luck ,
Wyr
God bless

Old 01-17-14, 05:54 PM
haynes/chilton manual maybe?

Old 01-18-14, 03:14 AM
First time a do any significant work on a new ( new to me ) car , I bite the bullet and buy either a Haynes or chilton book for the car . Last I looked they were around $ 25 ?

As I tend to keep a car a long time , it is $$$ well spent . Often there is something not well covered in the book I buy , I end up also buying the other , in hopes it will cover it .

God bless
Wyr