01 grand marquis...no heat..please help

Old 01-13-14, 10:56 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
01 grand marquis...no heat..please help

Hello I have a 2001 grand marquis. Last year the heat stopped working and my heater core busted. Got the heater core replaced. Now this winter comes around and no heat! Now this is the list of things I have done and still no heat.
New thermostat
New water pump
Took apart dash and checked my blend door actuator...it was working properly opening and closing when I use the controls.
Checked my coolant level and is okay.
Checked both hoses going to and from my heater core....both are hot and I'm convinced fluid is circulating properly thru my heater core...I'm lost what else can it beeee?!?

Old 01-13-14, 07:32 PM
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
sounds like the door itself is broke. or partial clogged heater core. try feeling the vents near the pass door. if it seams warmer then its a partial clog. if all still cold i bet the door is broke.

Old 01-17-14, 01:26 PM
W
Not common to find servo ( either electric or vacuum accuated ) to turn the coolant off , to the heater core .

But if both heater hoses are hot , then maybe that is not it ?

You do not have a control system that might be running the heater and the A/C at the same time ? Automatic temp control is not unheard of on higher end cars .

For a 2001 car , leaks on vacuum hoses and devices would not be unheard of , either .

Is the fan blowing plenty of air ?

God bless
Wyr

Old 01-27-14, 01:19 PM
J
There is plenty of air flowing out...and seems from low to high work properly. Now when I move it to blue(cold) it def gets colder...and when I move it to hot it gets a lil warmer....but not hot at all.

Also sometimes when I first turn on, it's very warm but soon fades back to cold.

Could it be my inner temp sensor...heard that can affect. I.e if it is broke it may read 120 degrees and its really 20 degrees...therefore allowing air from the outside in.

Also about the door might be jammed or broken...any advice how to fix???

Old 01-27-14, 07:51 PM
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
with this info i would for sure say the heater core is partially clogged. remove both heater hoses and flush water one way tell clear heavy flow, then the other way. should improve. if its not perfect you be needing a new heater core.

Old 01-27-14, 08:03 PM
Received 63 Upvotes on 54 Posts
1. air bubble in the system somewhere; bleed the system. Fords are very known for getting air lock easy and fancy bleeding procedure
2. How actually HOT are heater core hoses? At normal operating temp, it's 196 degrees. They should be pretty darn hot, scolding hot in touch. If you can hold to them after engine ran for 20 or so minutes, your t-stat is stuck open or allows bypass, not allowing system to reach full temp.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: