New car carpets soaked no signs of where water came from

Old 01-24-14, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Shouldn't take a few months for carpet replacement though. Maybe a couple of weeks. I'd absolutely want it replaced and the interior fully dried out with blowers....it's a new car.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-14, 10:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad to hear they are making it right! No fun to pay all that money for a new car and then have troubles with it.

Old 01-24-14, 11:14 AM
They just called me back again. The service person talked to the manager and the manager (who saw the leak for himself) said they will replace the carpet now since they are confident this was the source of the issue.

Hopefully they get everything done and it gets fixed permanently. I am going to inspect my car very closely when I pick it up to make sure it still looks like a new car.

Old 01-24-14, 12:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Be sure to stand your ground and make them fix anything that isn't right. My wife bought a new merc and they sliced the rear leather seat when they removed the factory plastic cover. We bought the car on a saturday and noticed the cut before we took possession. They said it was too late to do anything today and bring it back monday. Monday they claimed we ripped the seat we went round and round until we found the guy we talked to on saturday and they made it right. They might not have had we not stood our ground.

Old 01-24-14, 12:17 PM
Oh definitely. I asked the GM if they will fix my car if it gets scratched or damaged and he said they would fix anything they damage.

Old 01-24-14, 12:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Even if they claim they didn't damage it, remember it's a new car and they are also responsible for fixing anything that wasn't right when it came from the factory.

Old 01-24-14, 12:25 PM
Yup, will keep that in mind. Thanks.

Old 01-28-14, 07:15 PM
I got my car back. I will let you guys know if it gets wet again. Thank you.

Old 01-29-14, 04:40 AM
good to hear, hope the problem is gone

Old 01-29-14, 05:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Don't wait for it to rain. They found the leak by running it through a car wash. Run it through a car wash!! If it is going to leak, it will leak under the same circumstances.

Old 01-29-14, 06:10 AM
That is a good idea. I will try to run it through the car wash. Only issue is it maybe hard to see it leak if it is getting absorbed by the carpet. They had the carpet removed when they took it to the carwash.

Old 01-29-14, 07:22 AM
Running it through a car wash in PA under these freezing conditions may not be the best thing (frozen doors etc) right now but I agree that the more water you can spray over/under the vehicle the better.
When I worked at Chrysler Canada the cars were driven through the leak test and sprayed with water containing a dye that showed up under black light .. easy to spot the leaks that way.

It sounds like Honda is working with you and this issue will be worked out in the near term.

Old 01-29-14, 07:49 AM
I was going to wait until the streets get a little cleaner and the weather goes above freezing.

Are auto carwashes generally safe for the cars wheels and paint these days?

Old 01-29-14, 09:08 AM
Are auto carwashes generally safe for the cars wheels and paint these days?
The No-Touch carwashes are. I have always avoided the carwashes with the brushes. Seen too many cars with fine scratches in their clearcoat finish.

Old 01-29-14, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator
I never use the spinning brush types either...though I haven't seen any of those in a while. Around here we have the back and forth cloth strip type...not much different than a wash mitt and a bucket in the driveway. Main thing is the spray rinse before the wash...same as they recommend in a DIY driveway wash.

Old 01-29-14, 02:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't often go to a car wash but when I do, I prefer the diy type with the wand and brush. When washing in cold weather it's best to do the washing when you 1st go out so the car can generate enough heat/wind to dry everything out good before you park it.

Old 01-29-14, 03:49 PM
Around here most car washes are the "touchless" type. High pressure water.

And that is what you want .. you want water directed at the undercarriage, underbody and outer surfaces under pressure. If there is a leak it will likely show itself quickly directly.

Old 01-29-14, 05:35 PM
Around here we have the back and forth cloth strip type...not much different than a wash mitt and a bucket in the driveway.
The difference is you have no idea what kind of dirt and grit was picked up on the strips from the previous cars. That's basically why in cold weather I never go to that type car wash, but use the manual high pressure wands too.