How can I reset the car alarm?

Old 02-01-14, 12:05 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How can I reset the car alarm?

I have an after market clifford alarm (don't know the model) on a 1997 toyota camry. I tried to start my car but since it's really cold it failed to. The same thing happened the previous day and it did start after a few tries. This time however when I tried to start it the second time the electrical shut down. I removed the terminal on the battery and the lights are back on, but every time I try to start it, the electrical is again shut down. I removed the panel under the steering wheel and found a black push button. I pressed it and the alarm light went on and I can use the remote to close the door, but again it won't let me start it. I found the little black box brains of the alarm but I didn't have the tools to remove the metal panel. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this?

Old 02-01-14, 10:34 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,052 Upvotes on 3,635 Posts
If the alarm system is bypassing the starter then you need to unlock the doors with the remote which will turn off the starter override. Another method that usually works is hold that button in and turn the key on. That should also disable the starter override.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: