2010 Kia Forte noises

Old 02-08-14, 07:05 AM
2010 Kia Forte noises

Hello. I have a 2010 Forte. In last month or so I am hearing noises when I hit bumps that are coming from passenger side dash/windshield area. (Loud creaking-ticking noises)I have been pushing,pulling,yanking, etc. on all pieces of trim and I think the windshield is actually the culprit. Glass was replaced 3 years ago due to branch falling during heavy wind - no other damage. I did take it to the people who did it and they did an air test which they said showed nothing. I can however put my hand in between the dash and windshield and push (not that hard) and I can see the wipers actually lift so obviously the glass is too. It is not separating but does move a little. Is this normal? Am thinking about just paying to have it lifted and reseated

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-14, 09:38 AM
the glass should not move. have you noticed any leaks as well?

Old 02-08-14, 11:00 AM
Forte windshield

no leaks but movement seems to be at very bottom. They did an air test but looking at it any air will actually come out in engine compartment as the glass extends down and has a plastic trim over top which the wiper arms extend thru.
BTW I actually removed that plastic thingy completely and noise was still there

Old 02-08-14, 04:18 PM
Dash clips moving.... Dozens of them everywhere. They do plastic clips, eventually they loosen up making nasty cricket noise. You looking at major disassembly, to get down to all of them. Start with vents. They simply pull out...

Old 02-11-14, 01:26 PM
2010 Forte noises

When weather gets better I will look into it but I still think the windshield has something to do with it