Need help fixing up car. I'm new but have basic knowledge

Old 02-18-14, 03:58 PM
Cool Need help fixing up car. I'm new but have basic knowledge

Hello i need some help, i got a fender that was hit and do not want to spend 900$ to fix it, My rear passenger window didn't want to roll up or down and then just fell while I was driving I currently have the windows held up with a P-clamp. I can some scratched all in my car just how to fix the cosmetics will post pictures thank you. and i amon a tight budget.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Perrygarcia1993; 02-18-14 at 06:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-14, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Hello and welcome to the forum! A little punctuation and separate sentences, would make your question easier to understand. Unclear as to what exactly you want to fix.

Old 02-18-14, 05:49 PM
Help with my car,

sorry i have a 2006 Mitsubishi gallant and i will upload pictures if i can figure it out so that way you can see what i want to fix prob take a few months but i am up for it

Attached Images   
Old 02-18-14, 06:00 PM
more pictures

more pictures of car, i have a lot to upload but it wont let me so i am try to do the best i can

Attached Images   
Old 02-18-14, 06:13 PM
sorry new to this website i been doing a lot of DIY projects lately and figured time to tackle my car. and i apologize for the bad grammar i am using this phone i tend to write fast and on the go.

Old 02-18-14, 08:09 PM
Garcia, what you show is no $900 repair even if you do it yourself. New fender, New bumper cover. Paint job with color match for both.
Not sure what happened to the pass side airbag, looks like it started deploying? Bag reinstall is $350 itself. Plus cosmetic damage to the panel.
Quite not sure what you trying to fix on the door? I see where clamp holds window.. Sounds like window regulator, that's easy, only around $100.
Silver basel around gear shifter - find those at junkyard.
My rough guess is $1500 or so DIY.
Good luck.

Old 02-19-14, 04:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
To save money you could use some heat and massage the bumper cover where the damage won't be as noticeable but it will never be right! Modern day body panels are so thin that the conventional beat out the dent and bondo doesn't work well but you could give it a try. You could paint the shifter bezel - use a paint for plastic like Kyrlon's Fusion [?]

Search this Thread