2012 Camry Hybrid Issues

Old 03-06-14, 04:40 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2012 Camry Hybrid Issues

I'm having multiple issues with my 2012 crappy Camry. My cabin heater works intermittently - like today is was 23 degrees out and the heater would only blow cold air. Didn't see any signs of coolant around the engine or on my garage floor. My car is a hybrid, and has some other issues as well like faulty Nav, forgetting the temperature settings (keeps resetting to default temp though not all the time), seat belt catch grabs with the slightest pull, and the list goes on. The lack-of-service techs haven't been able to duplicate any of these. Any ideas on solving the heater problem other than a sledgehammer?

Old 03-06-14, 08:48 AM
Received 62 Upvotes on 53 Posts
What are, out of warranty? On a 2012 vehicle?
Your dealer should re-flash ECM, as it appears to be software glitch.
Pre-2011 Camrys had multiple issues with water pumps go bad at low mileage. I had mine replaced under warranty and they allegedly changed them to a better design in 2011. New Camrys have electrical water pump.

But it does look like temperamental climate control issue due to some glitch in software.
You need to go to toyotanation Camry hybrid forum. Even better, to Green Hybrid Camry Hybrid, as we have very knowledgeable mod there. But either way, it's warranty issue. Those are good cars, don't b'''''tch too much about them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: