2005 Chrysler Concorde jump start

Old 04-10-14, 05:08 PM
2005 Chrysler Concorde jump start

We acquired this car from mother-in-law. It hasn't been cranked in a while so the battery is dead. We will be getting a service manual but it won't happen for several days. The first thing that I need to do is energize the instrument cluster to get the mileage for the title transfer. Then I will eventually need to crank it.
The battery is accessible by removing a cover in the passenger wheel well. Can you jump start this car without uncovering the battery? Maybe at the other end of the red wire? There is a easily accessible black ground on the fender.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-14, 08:02 PM
there will be a red plastic box some where on the batterys side that should show a jumper cable end on the box..

Old 04-10-14, 08:57 PM
On my Silverado, you could jump off a red positive box positioned on positive battery cable, next to engine. Engine had special "ear" to it, marked as negative. So yes, if you have such provisions..
Also, you can get one of them through the cigarette lighter energizers.

Old 04-11-14, 06:04 PM
Found the box but Concorde has a black popoff cover over the red wire junction. She took the charge. I got mileage recorded, cranked it and checked under the hood. Thanks guys. I knew there had to be some way to jump it without digging that hidden battery out. ;-)

Old 04-11-14, 06:10 PM
Yep, same difference. Red is simply more obvious. Some things they got right in domestics.
Glad it worked.

Search this Thread