Rear wiper not working 2001 pontiac montana

Old 04-11-14, 07:48 PM
Rear wiper not working 2001 pontiac montana

Rear wiper does not work at all. I press the button nothing. I press the rear window wash button nothing happens either. no spray no nothing. Where is the inside fuse box located? The one under the hood doesn't have a fuse labeled window wipers.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-14, 03:36 PM
On my 06 its at the right end of the dash. Looks like it could be an air duct, pry it open, With both washer and wiper out I would suspect wiring.

Old 04-12-14, 04:00 PM
Did this problem just happen one day or is this vehicle new to you?

Old 04-13-14, 05:04 PM
New to me got it off a co-worker a couple months ago. Found the fuse box and found the rear wiper fuse missing. Replaced fuse and as soon as i turn the Key to on there is a grinding noise coming from the rear wiper even though both buttons are off but it's stuck half way between up and down and its trying to go to the rest position but can't. So it's jammed or seized cause you can hear the motor grinding. So How hard is it to take the rear hatch door apart and replace whatever is seized?

Old 04-13-14, 07:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT64_z7pGQc

I took the wiper motor out of my Uplander and lubricated the shaft. That fixes 99% of them.

Browse some of the previous threads.

Old 04-15-14, 08:34 AM
These are notorious for the plastic gears in them getting tore up. When mine went I pulled the fuse for the same reason. The only fix is replace the motor. Actually now that I think about it I did not pull the fuse. I pulled the hatch cover open far enough to reach inside and unhook the power to it

Old 04-15-14, 09:02 AM
A person has to watch that rear wiper go slower & slower until finally it seizes up and chews the gears.

If the wiper motor assy. is removed and lubricated when the slow-down begins it will save 99% of the units.