New member with wiring problem on a S10 Jimmy.

Old 05-25-14, 07:08 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New member with wiring problem on a S10 Jimmy.

Hi everyone I have a mystery wire on a my jimmy project that I have no idea where it goes.Its and 1996 and the only year model with this wire.It looks like the type of wire that would go to the altenator/battery or starter but it doesn't.Its red with fuseable link wire comes off the rear part of the main engine harness and is about 10 inches long.I have some pics I can post when I find them.
Heres some history on the vehicle,I bought 4 years ago with a bad motor.I bought another engine and totally rebuilt it.Everything brand new,new pistons/rings/bearings/valave job/and gaskets.
Then I found out the trans was bad so I rebuilt it also and put a stage 2 shifting kit in it.
I haven't been able to get everything hooked up on it yet and get it running as I can only work on it off and on.Im physicaly challenged so I bit off more than I can chew basically.
Whats left to do is hook up a few more connections on the engine harness,and a couple mystery wires.Then do a timing relearn and hopefully it all goes.

Old 05-25-14, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 69 Posts
Hi... If its a red and blue wire its the wire harness for the tow package. It down near the master cylinder...

Let us know... I have a 96 s10 thats the same vehicle....

Old 05-25-14, 07:22 PM
A
Thanks for replying no its not those two although I was wodering about them also.This wire is on the passenger side of the engine.I`ll post a pios here shortly.

Old 05-25-14, 07:34 PM
A
pics aren't working
tried to upload pics

Old 05-25-14, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 69 Posts
upload to an image site like photo bucket. Or from your computer.....

If you get a pic up I can reference my vehicle....

Old 05-25-14, 08:37 PM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: