Wet floor in 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage

Old 05-28-14, 02:13 PM
Wet floor in 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage

When I run my ac, water accumulates on the passenger floor. I'm hoping it is a clogged drain hose, but I can't find a manual for this car anywhere, and the Chilton subscription I just bought is useless in that regard. Can anyone explain where the drain line is, and how to clean it?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-14, 03:28 PM
Hi tetrodo,

Hopefully another member can help you out soon with this problem.

Meanwhile, you might try looking through eb*y for a used factory service manual, or a Haynes publication, (and yes, Ch*lton manuals are absolutely worthless imo).

Old 05-28-14, 06:13 PM
Yeah, sadly all of the manuals I could find are grossly outside of my budget! :-( If I had any other model, I could run on down to any parts store.... but nooo. I did find the drain tube, and ran water into it. The water poured out freely, but it is still leaking on the inside. I took the glove box and flooring out in order to try and spot an obstruction, but I couldn't figure out how to get the coolant box off, and was concerned over doing something wrong. Hopefully someone can help me out. Its very much summer time here!

Old 05-28-14, 06:25 PM
Not sure where the problem lies.
Simply go to any Mitsu specific forums.

Old 05-28-14, 07:07 PM
I tried a mitsu forum, and no one replied. :-(

Old 05-28-14, 07:49 PM
Hmmm... Somehow I doubt. There's quite a few of them. Some may be very militant... Some take time to respond. When we had Eclipse, I was member in several Mitsu forums, and always had good response. Somewhat asinine at DSM Tuners, but..
Simply find 3-4 Mitsu forums and post there. It may as well not be a/c related at all, you know, though it appears so.

Old 05-29-14, 04:36 PM
If this only happend when a/c is on most likely the drain is clogged. Backflushing as you described may temporarily clear the clog (you are pushing it back into the heater box). One way to know if is the a/c drain clogged is to run the ac for several minutes then look under the car to see if water is dripping out. Do you have a sunroof? If you dont see water under car and you have found the drain use a metal coat hanger straightend or something similar to push up through the drain to breakup/ make a bigger hole. They usually have a "one way valve" near the exit, if you can open this hole can help the clog exit.

Old 06-25-14, 05:10 PM
Most likely its not going to be a line like you think. Most the time the line only sticks out a 1/2"from the firewall. You probably have to raise the car up. When you find the little sucker, get a blow gun and some compressed air and blow some air in it. Make sure you make a tight fit and you don't use all the pressure, you just need a little bit of air, 10-25psi depending on if you can make a tight fight. Happens to almost all cars. Ford tech for the last 5 years