2005 Nissan Altima air conditioning problem

Old 06-09-14, 02:00 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool 2005 Nissan Altima air conditioning problem

I have a 2005 3.5 Nissan Altima. On the air conditioning - when i have it set to AUTO MODE, it blows out very little air and is not cold at all. If i adjust the temp to the heat side, it blows out air like it should. On AC, I can make it blow out air by adjusting it on manual mode. However, the air starts out cold but after about three minutes or so, the air is not very cold. Please help. I've checked fuses and they seem to be fine.

Old 06-09-14, 02:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,399 Votes on 1,296 Posts
You need to check the compressor and see if it's stopping. If it is.... you could be low on refrigerant.

Old 06-09-14, 03:07 PM
W
ok. thanks. will definitely try that. will let you know if it fixes the problem.

Old 06-09-14, 05:22 PM
Received 13 Votes on 10 Posts
Well, I have gut feeling I know what is happening.
We have several Toyotas and a Honda, and all have very similarly functioning a/c. Thing is, both are supplied by Denso, who appears to be holding some sort of monopoly on Japanese market for things like climate controls, a/c etc.
Symptoms you describe are very similar to how STANDARD Denso climate control operates. Better say, its algorithm of operation. See, on all 3 of cars I mentioned, it does work the same way and basically the way you describe. It gets to a particular "state" of climate inside the car, then it goes into that "limp", "lame" mode.
I had mine discussed with many owners, and it's all the same. Regardless of automatic or manual, even in manual, computer that operates climate control still "knows better". So it knocks down a/c flow to bare minimum or starts blowing warm air in. Same for wife's 99 Rx300, same for 09 Ridgeline, same for 07 Camry.
Folks told me it's how Denso designed their climate control operation and nothing you can do about it.
With that being said, I am not saying you do not have some sort of electronic or mechanical issue with your system. I am simply saying - it sounds very familiar.

Old 06-11-14, 04:11 PM
W
I had the AC checked for leaks and there are not leaks. Was told that
it is probably something in the dash. The climate control knob makes the
AC run cold only in one position. If turned only slightly, the air turns to warm air.
The blower also does not work on AUTO mode but does work on manual mode. May have two issues? The blower control resistor and something in the dash for the climate control? Please help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: