Service Engine Soon Multiple Codes

Old 06-13-14, 03:08 PM
Service Engine Soon Multiple Codes

I have a 2001 Buick Century with 3.1 engine. I have 3 codes appearing, P0327 Knock Sensor low input, P0336 Crank position sensor A, P0341 Cam position sensor A. The car starts and runs OK, Would one bad sensor cause the other codes to appear, which one should I replace first, or is there a real problem in the engine? Lots of questions...Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-14, 07:14 PM
a cam sensor could cause the others with out causing a noticeable running issue. also the easiest to do.

Old 06-14-14, 03:13 AM
Before replacing sensors , I would check the wiring going to them , first . Then the connectors where they plug in ( clean and plug them back in ) .

I had a code on a 1996 Lumina 3.1L with a code for crank shaft position sensor . Turned out to be a broke wire , neat the connector . Do not know if it is the same 3.1 L as yours ? Bur , with different model year , that can make a difference , too ?

I could clear the codes by disconnecting one of the battery cables . Then see if codes come back ?

Best of luck :-)
Wyr
God bless

Old 06-14-14, 07:53 AM
OBD-II Trouble Code: P0327 Knock Sensor Circuit Low Input (Bank 1)

Please, keep in mind, CIRCUIT is also involved.
I just had mice chew my sensor harness, to the grand of $360 in repairs.
Just like Wyr mentioned.

Old 06-14-14, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the replies. I just viewed a video that showed damaged wires causing codes. That will be my first check.
Enjoy the day!

Old 06-15-14, 03:53 AM
We have a 1991 Caprice that belonged to my late dad . We parked it at my brother in law's place , in the country . After 10 - 15 years , it id a continueing story , repairing things that have gone bad with that amount of neglect . :-(

Still finding wires the mice chewed on . :-(

To date , I have repaired the wiring going to the Throttle Position Sensor , Coolant Temperature Sensor and the Right Front ABS Sensor . I suspect more fun under the dash ?

God bless
Wyr