Cruse Control???

Old 07-11-14, 10:55 AM
Cruse Control???

I have a 96 Geo Prizim LSI that has cruse control. I also have a 95 Toyota Corolla DX that does not have cruse control. These are basicly the same car minus the Toyota/Geo decal. My question is: Can I take the cruse control off the Geo and put it on the Toyota? I have watched a video of a cruse control installation on a corolla and it looks farily simple. Thank for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-14, 11:10 AM
Group Moderator
Are you talking about moving an OEM cruise control system from one vehicle to another ?
I would have to say off the top of my head that it won't work as part of the system is in the engine computer which can't be exchanged.

Old 07-11-14, 06:46 PM
Yes its an OEM. As you probably know the Geo Prizm is the same car as the Toyota Corolla. Im afraid you may be right about the computer though. I have done a little more research and this may be a little over my head. The video I watched was for a 2006 corolla and it sounded more like a simple plug and play add on. Ive tried to find more detailed info. for some install instructions for the model in question but I have had no luck. Guess Ill just keep that ol foot on the gas. Thanks for your help.