'06 Ford Escape Hybrid - Engine doesn't shut off at stops

Old 09-02-14, 01:09 PM
'06 Ford Escape Hybrid - Engine doesn't shut off at stops

I just replaced the battery on an '06 FEH. Now, the red "Theft" light is lit when the engine is not running and the engine doesn't shut off at stops even after the vehicle is warmed up. My scanner is showing no DTC codes.

What could this be? I really don't want to take it to a local stealer.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-14, 07:20 PM
I was once politely asked in this forum not to refer to dealerships as "stealerships".

Which battery have you replaced? 12V or traction?
I can tell that from my Toyota Hybrid experience (which Escape is rebadged Mazda, and anyhow, Ford bought 21 hybrid patent from Toyota) - I know that sometimes 12V battery replacement requires 3 consecutive shut down/restarts for everything to go back to norm.
You likely, if this does not help, need to go to dealer to have system reflashed with s/w.

Old 09-03-14, 04:29 AM
It was the 12v. I'll try the shut down - restart today. If that doesn't work, I will consider taking it to a dealer.

Old 09-03-14, 06:48 PM
You should be messing not with the fine fabric of Hybrid vehicles. Too many computers. Mine has 42 I believe. This is why, when time came ofr my Panasonic battery to be replaced (though it still appeared to be in fine working order after EIGHT years of use) I had backup 12V connected in parallel to the cables.