How to add on a 2nd car alarm siren in the cabin

Old 09-16-14, 07:27 PM
How to add on a 2nd car alarm siren in the cabin

On my currently installed car alarm (Dowontec ST800)
it has one siren horn placed near the bottom of the engine bay (outside).

I want to add a 2nd siren horn for inside the cabin of the car. I was thinking something small like:

12V Car Burglar Alarm Siren Horn Security Loud Small Size Portable | eBay

or
Anti Theft High DB Lond Sound Mini Piezo Siren for Car Alarm Installation | eBay

Can any tell me how to this properly? Do I just solder or daisy chain the wires of the 2nd siren onto the currently installed siren and then slip it through the firewall via grommet hole? Basically I'd like it to transmit the alarm noise/siren into the cabin when it goes off. Does it matter about voltage or size? Will the two sirens have different sounds (I'm assuming when you wire it up, the 2nd siren will have it's own unique sound which will be different from the actual siren of the installed alarm or will it transmit the exact same sound?).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-14, 09:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
They probably all run on 12 volts DC. The only problem is if the combined amperage exceeds the limit for the alarm. If that happens, it will blow the fuse and silence the alarm. Since the alarms you show are mainly novelty items, they should work. Hook the positive to the same alarm terminal as your main siren and ground to ground.

Old 09-16-14, 11:05 PM
Group Moderator
the 2nd siren will have it's own unique sound which will be different from the actual siren of the installed alarm
The alarm supplies 12vdc to the siren. The siren is what sets the type of sound it makes.

Old 09-17-14, 12:01 AM
thanks for the info! I'll give it a try with one of these models.

Old 09-18-14, 07:46 AM
one more thing. I noticed most of them have very short wires (maybe a meter at most). What kind of wires do I need if I need to extend the wiring to go through the firewall and reach into the cabin? Will a simple daisy chain do or must they be soldered?