Headlights shut off while driving - 2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Old 09-23-14, 03:53 AM
Headlights shut off while driving - 2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Both low beams shut off while driving last night. I turned the switch from auto to on and nothing (as I always keep switch in auto-on/off mode). High beams did work. I can't imagine both headlight bulbs burned out simultaneously, and can't imagine it being electrical if the high beams and parking lights work.

Another clue: about 6 months ago I had some body work done, new front bumper cover, fender, and door skin. Ever since, bumper cover noticeably loose, they failed to put back a few of those plastic pins to secure cover to metal bumper. Also noticed last night the headlight assembly was noticeably loose. Could this have caused a connection to come loose? and only affect both low beams, but not high beams?

Hoping to get some direction before sending wife to repair shop or back to body shop.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-14, 04:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have had both low beams burn out in one night before so that is a possibility. Might be a severed or shorted wire due to the body work.

Old 09-23-14, 05:31 AM
Thanks marksr, I spoke to bodyshop, they will look at truck today. I will post an update later.