Need electrical help 1997 S10

Old 11-21-14, 06:00 AM
Need electrical help 1997 S10

Hello All:
Your help would be greatly appreciated. I cleaned out my heater core, cleaned the hoses that feed into it and changed all hoses on radiator. Everything under the hood got wet when I was washing out the heater core. After the cleaning the heater now blew hot air out of the dash, problem solved I thought. About five minutes later I tried to start it again. No power, nothing, no lights of any kind, no click of fuel pump nothing anywhere. I checked the starter it has no power, no power to ignition switch. Does anyone know how I would use my voltmeter to test from battery, to the point I lose power.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-14, 06:29 AM
1. Double check the battery state of charge (should be 12.35 volts or above).

2. Double check the battery terminals by making sure they're clean and tight.

3. Check the battery negative ground wire where it's connected to the engine.

4. Let us know what engine your S10 has so that we might further help you if needed. V6 engines often have a large ground strap connected between the rear of the block and the firewall that's know for becoming loose or corroded (not sure if this is your problem).

"Does anyone know how I would use my voltmeter to test from battery, to the point I lose power."

Simply check for voltage at various points starting from the battery (you'll likely want a service manual w/electrical diagrams if it doesn't turn out to be something simple).

Old 11-21-14, 08:22 AM
Hello:
Thanks for all the help. It is an S10 Blazer with a 4.3 V6.

Old 12-05-14, 02:52 AM
Check your battery fuse....there should be a large fuse somewhere in the fuseblock under the hood marked "batt" or something similiar. It could be blown.