Hyundai Entourage Doors Not Working

Old 12-17-14, 07:27 AM
Group Moderator
Hyundai Entourage Doors Not Working

My parents have a 2008 Hyundai Entourage mini van with powered doors. They went on vacation for two weeks. Before leaving there were no problems but on their return the power opening and closing doors are not working. The doors work when depressing the key fob buttons but do not work when using the buttons in the vehicle.

There are no blow fuses and the doors do open and close when actuated by the fob. I have disconnected the battery in case it was a computer glitch but the problem persists. Any clue what I should look at next?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-14, 08:03 AM
Is there such a thing as "childproof locks" on the vehicle?

Old 12-17-14, 08:14 AM
Group Moderator
There is a hard reset for those vehicles. Remove battery cables and connect them together for 45 seconds. All radio memories will be lost and the alarm may go off on a power up.

Old 12-17-14, 09:47 AM
Group Moderator
I tried the hard reset. Still didn't change anything. So, I start checking every door lever and every button inside the vehicle and I see one over head labeled "pwr" right next to the door control buttons. Pressed the "pwr" button and the doors work. Who knew that if you turned a feature off it would not longer work. I will be giving my parents a hard time for this one.

Thank you for the help.

Old 12-17-14, 09:56 AM
That's the "childproof" feature !! ........

Old 12-17-14, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Sometimes the labels of cars controls make no sense. Our Kia Soul uses a weird term which I can't remember (I rarely drive it) for unlocking the rear hatch. Nothing common like hatch, cargo, trunk or even boot? Storage maybe? Can't check since it's in use.

You'd think in your case PD that it would be labled something like "Enable", "Disable" or similar?

Apparently it should be called a "Parentproof" feature as well.

I have to admit though, I've made things inoperative or changed their function while cleaning the interior. "Why won't the interior lights come on?" "Why can't I roll down the windows?"

Old 12-17-14, 10:20 AM
Group Moderator
I saw the switches in the door jamb for the child proof locks and assumed that was it. I guess those were for the mechanical door locks where the switch was the child lock for the powered doors. Soon I'm going to need a checklist like in airplanes.

Search this Thread