1997 Toyota Avalon xls

Old 02-02-15, 04:35 PM
1997 Toyota Avalon xls

I Replaced the rear ABS sensor in my 97 Avalon. Since then the Abs Light Stays On and Also The Traction Off Light Blinks All The Time. Is there are way to reset these lights by using the terminals on the lamp/light failure sensor?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-15, 08:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1V6pv2ej0

Mastertech 1 replied 3 years ago.
The system will reset its self if there are no fault codes stored in the computer,after driving the vehicle for less then 1/2 mile if the abs computer sees no faults, it will turn off the lights (keep in mind that when the abs light is on the trac light will also come on,trac is all part of the abs system,) You can remove the neg. battery cable for 1 min. and this will clear the code, but if there is a fault in the system it will turn the light back on!) Any time the abs system doesnt see a return signal from a wheel speed sensor it will turn on the light right away! Or it one of the tone rings for the abs has been damaged, after the vehicle spped its about 4 to 11 mph it will set the code/s Same applies for a damaged speed sensor.

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/5xz...#ixzz3QeYajWLD

Old 02-04-15, 06:39 PM
thank you for your response! so there is no terminal in the light failure sensor that directly relates to the ABS light?

Old 02-04-15, 06:42 PM
I'm sure someone else will be able to understand the Q and help.