2007 Saturn Ion: airbag warning light keeps coming on

Old 02-04-15, 08:41 AM
2007 Saturn Ion: airbag warning light keeps coming on

This is occuring more often lately, and is usually when there is nobody in the passenger seat, so I suspect that is the side with the problem.

How serious is this? I can't really afford a bunch of repairs right now.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-15, 10:00 AM
Check out the evening news sometime if you don't believe me, but the only thing getting more attention than air bags is the amount of air in footballs. Seriously, the first thing that I would do is call or visit your local dealer. Not saying that they will cover the repairs, but it seems possible. And yes, the Saturn brand is extinct, but you will find one of the other dealers that is servicing the line. Maybe a Pontiac dealer?

Old 02-04-15, 11:23 AM
Meant to mention too that a battery that is starting to fail will sometimes cause quirks such as flickering warning lights, etc., and it is also possible for a battery that is starting to go bad to still start the car. Battery life varies, but, in case the air bag is not covered under warranty, and/or if your battery happens to be the original, that would be a good place to start. Most dealers or auto parts stores will have a load tester that can quickly and accurately tell you the condition of the battery.

Old 02-11-15, 07:59 PM
I would take it to a dealer and see what they say the issue is and the cost to fix. Generally it is $60-80 to have the SRS system scanned. If you are lucky they might do it for free. Its hard to tell whether or not the system would work or not in an impact. There is a good possibility that you are correct and the sensor in the passenger side seat is going out. Could be a fairly cheap fix.

Old 02-14-15, 06:35 AM
And yes, the Saturn brand is extinct, but you will find one of the other dealers that is servicing the line. Maybe a Pontiac dealer?
Good luck finding a Pontiac dealer, they are also history! I'd try a Chevy dealer.

Old 02-14-15, 06:43 AM
Yeah, the Pontiac reference was tongue in cheek. Ironically, the dealer where we bought my wife's Saturn Aura also handled Pontiac at one time, but they are now Buick-GMC, and and still taking good care of her car.

Search this Thread