1996 3.3 grand caravan no spark in #2 and# 5 cilinder

Old 03-06-15, 09:19 AM
1996 3.3 grand caravan no spark in #2 and# 5 cilinder

My 1996 3.3 engine grand caravan dont have power in the blue/tan wire a mean no blinking light no like at all but the other two wires in the coil switch the lights blinks went i test it with a test light i test the wire with a ohm meter and is fine give me the same reading of the other two that are working perfect the van start fine everything works except the blue/tan wire that dont have no power at all thanks for any help

Last edited by vazquez55; 03-06-15 at 10:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-15, 10:16 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

How do you know there is no spark in plug 2 or 5 ?

You check the wires to ground. 1,2 and 4 should pulse when the engine is started. 3 should always be on.

You can't go by the colors.... go by the location.

Name:  ead.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  37.0 KB
(diagram from easyautodiagnostics . com)

Old 03-06-15, 10:57 AM
The blue/tan wire spark #2 and # 5 cilinders you can check this unplugind the #2 and #5 spark plus wires at the coil pack

Old 03-06-15, 05:00 PM
Group Moderator
If you aren't getting a +12v pulse on that wire when cranking or running the engine you either have a broken wire or dirty connector between the coil pack and the engine computer or the engine computer itself is defective.

Old 03-07-15, 08:52 AM
Yes Max you are right for me has to b the pcm thas has a bad driver my only concern is why is no light is suppose to b an steady light went it test it with the test light a mean am talking about the blue/tan wire at the coil switch am going to recheck everything againg before i buy a new pcm thanks max for your time thank you very much