Suzuki 2010 SX4 LE

Old 05-19-15, 05:14 PM
Suzuki 2010 SX4 LE

SX4 LE - 4 Door Sedan here.

This happened a few weeks ago, both of the front headlights went out at the same time. Don't really want to take it to a mechanic and pay few hundred for him to check it out if its something minor I can do myself.

Has this happened to anyone else, what solved your issue? Is it the fuse maybe?
Since the high beams are still working I am assuming I do not need to change the bulbs, but please correct me if I am wrong.

I check youtube but was unable to find any video on this for my car type.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-15, 05:29 PM
If it's a sealed beam with both filaments in the same glass housing then yes its the bulbs since your hi-beams still work. It's not unusual for both headlamps to burn out almost at the same time. Replace one, replace both.

Old 05-19-15, 05:34 PM
Group Moderator
The high beams are a different filament than the low beams. You could have two burned out low beams and the highs could still work.

In your case it's doubtful it's a bulb problem.

I'll check further.

Old 05-19-15, 05:43 PM
PJ, that's true, Two filaments in the same sealed housing. Low beams don't work, hi-beams do. Electrical power is going to sealed units, switch works. I say low beam filaments are burned out. New bulbs in order.

Old 05-19-15, 06:02 PM
Group Moderator
I was looking for the wiring diagram and could not find it. I know there is a headlamp relay in the system.

I'm looking at a picture of the Suziki underhood fusebox. There is a relay for headlamps, a main 25A headlamp fuse and 4 headlight fuses. I would turn the headlights on and you should hear the relay click. With a test light you can check the low beam fuses to see if they're live.

Old 05-19-15, 06:09 PM
Your car takes the same bulb replacement for both the hi and low beam. Both contained in one housing or bulb.

http://i.imgur.com/6ikgcBO.png

I was looking at a video and yes there is a relay. But according to the source of the video there would be other signs of a bad relay. Not just the head lights.

Search this Thread