Checking windshield wiper fluid 2005 Nissan Sentra

Old 05-24-15, 06:17 PM
Checking windshield wiper fluid 2005 Nissan Sentra

The reservoir is down far in the engine and you can't see the tank. The neck comes up and that's all you can see. In some 2005 Sentra's, there is a warning light. But I don't know if this one has one or not. Is it one of those things where, if we don't have the light, you just kind of have to wait until it runs dry?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-15, 06:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Or top it off at regular intervals. It does no harm to the system if it runs low, just makes wshing the windshield a bear

Old 05-24-15, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator
There must be a marker/line on the exposed part of the tank somewhere? I've never seen one that didn't have it. If not, just fill it up til you see it in the visible area looking in.

Old 05-25-15, 03:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I rarely have one run dry, I check it and top it off if needed when I check everything else under the hood.

Old 05-25-15, 08:52 AM
I'll probably just have to use Gunguy's suggestion and pour at little in there and look down the low stem. Try to get it to the point where it's not coming into the stem but where I can see it. Thanks.

Old 05-25-15, 12:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Once the reservoir is full, if it's still not working look to make sure none of the hoses have come disconnected or broke. If all that is good - suspect the pump