Changing the oil in your car

Old 05-26-15, 11:01 PM
T
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Changing the oil in your car

How about changing the oil in your car vacuuming with a pump?

Last edited by Gunguy45; 05-27-15 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Remove link
Old 05-27-15, 05:20 AM
Received 24 Upvotes on 19 Posts
That unit would be good in a lot of marine applications etc but I find it quite easy to remove & replace a plug in the oil pan to drain oil in a car.
The plug is also at the lowest point of the pan and any sludge and dirt will come out with the used oil.
With that pump unit you never know if you are at the lowest point and you'll always leave a little old oil (and sludge etc) in the pan.

Forget the pump and buy a set of ramps. While you are under the vehicle removing & replacing the drain plug you will have the opportunity to check the general condition of the suspension and running gear. You'll be able to see small faults before they become BIG faults

Old 05-27-15, 05:49 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I change my oil in the parking lot of the auto parts store. They take the old oil. I've done brake jobs there too.

Old 05-27-15, 06:06 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I have a feeling this is spam, and could be disregarded.

Old 05-27-15, 06:27 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Might be spam, but a good conversation point. I'm with 2grandaughters, and for the same reasons as he stated. Years back changed my daughters oil and noticed the steering arm linkage was very loose. Brought it to a shop. They refused to release car to us unless we had it fixed. Said it was ready to fall off with the next rough road to be driven on. She had to drive 200 miles the next day. No argument from me. They said that if we refused they would remove the inspection sticker and call the police. Not sure if that would've been legal or not but the guy said he'd rather she be safe than he being legal.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: