2012 CR V Warning

Old 06-08-15, 03:38 PM
2012 CR V Warning

Hi All, AWD and Battery warning lights both came on at the same time in my 2012 Honda CR V, any thoughts or had anyone experienced this before.
Thanks
Geo

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-15, 06:50 PM
Temporarily Suspended
You have to get the codes. I think Auto Zone does it for free.

Old 06-08-15, 06:51 PM
Group Moderator
I was looking thru the CRV issues and didn't see any mention of that combo.
The first thing I would do is to measure the battery voltage with the engine running to make sure the vehicle is charging. You'd want to see at least 13 volts at idle.

Old 06-09-15, 12:54 PM
I have checked the voltages 12.7 off 14.2 running, battery indicator on battery shows green,starts fine,I was just looking for any other thoughts before I take it dealer in the AM.
I have the extended warranty, so will see how that works out , otherwise I would be doing more research.
Geo

Old 06-09-15, 01:56 PM
I/we have a 2012 and have had the battery go dead for no reason. There is a recall, but they say mine is not part of that. They have a software upgrade if I understand it and I did get them to agree to load the upgrade since I do have a dead battery problem and they have no other explanation.

I don't know what codes they would have seen, we just had it jump started and it has been fine since. They had it a month ago and didn't say if they pull any codes.

IMO, it is a pain now, not knowing if or when the dead battery will return. I bought a set of jumpers to leave in that vehicle for the wife.

Bud

Old 06-09-15, 03:23 PM
I did read about that software update,I will question them about it in the AM.
Geo

Old 06-09-15, 04:28 PM
When I went searching I found two different recalls and my # wasn't on either. Since they don't get paid if it isn't on the list they will just say not an issue, like what they told me. But yours may be a different problem. Will be watching to see what they say.

Bud

Old 06-10-15, 07:43 AM
Update on warning lights, problem was a battery sensor now being replaced by the dealer,BEWARE OF HONDA EXTENDED WARRANTY!! battery sensor IS NOT a covered part,cost to replace $200.00 but after a HEATED DEBATE with the management I managed to get it done for $5.00.
Part is not listed in parts covered or parts not covered in warranty paper work.
Geo

Old 06-10-15, 01:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Great! Wifey just bought a 2013 CRV EXL AWD last night. Still under warranty, so I'll keep an eye on such things.

Old 06-10-15, 03:18 PM
Here's some reading: 2012 Honda CR-V Battery Goes Dead: 35 Complaints
That is from my search on 2012, but other hits indicate the 2013 may be in the same boat.

What concerns me more is, Honda doesn't seem to have a handle on the problem. I'm hearing it is related to the on board computer trying to minimize the charging load by deciding when it can wait and when it needs to add a charge. Whatever, I drove 7 miles into town, bright sunny day and zero indications. Parked down the street from wife's office turned car off, nothing running like lights or radio, and 10 minutes later absolutely nothing. Not a click, no lights, nothing. Batteries don't fall off a cliff and suddenly have zero power. IMO, they are trying to do something different and it isn't working AND they don't have a simple fix.

With cell phones, 99% local driving and a set of jumpers on board I don't worry too much, but winter is another issue.

Bud

Search this Thread