Chevy Aveo A/C

Old 06-09-15, 03:54 PM
Chevy Aveo A/C

Checked A/C on sisters Chey Aveo. Pressures were pretty good. but no cold air. 134 system, 158 on high pressure side 36 on low pressure side. Anyone else ever have issues with these cars. Thanks for any information.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-15, 04:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
First, I don't have any experience with this specific vehicle, but if your vehicle has a separate condenser & fan for the AC, make sure your fan is coming on when you start the AC. It should be a little electric fan. They go bad sometimes. If its not running, sometimes you can take something & give it a bump or two & sometimes it will start turning. Your AC should then cool. However, normally when these little electric fans get like this, you may as well go ahead & replace it cause I promise you, its gonna finally go out at the most inconvenient time. Plus, you're gonna have to give it a bump every time you get in it.

Hope this helps..

Old 06-10-15, 07:41 PM
what your info tellls me is that your problem is in your dash. i have replaced blend doors/blend door motors/ and even a control head to fix this issue on these cars. with thoses pressures you a/c system is working properly where the problem is, is the door that diverts the air to be cooled by your evaporator is staying closed.

Old 06-11-15, 06:49 AM
Old 06-13-15, 02:59 AM
With those pressures , I would say the condenser fan is working . Can you hear the inside fan running ?

Older cars used vacuum to control the blend doors and a hot coolant valve . These things are probably electric on your car .

I agree , check the controls and blend doors . Also see if you can locate a hot coolant valve & verify it is closing when it should .

God bless
Wyr

Old 06-14-15, 07:09 AM
Inside fan was running while I was testing. Condenser fan was running. Outside fan failure would run high pressure up. I thought about the blend door, but I am not sure how to test for that or the location of the blend door for that matter. Open for any suggestions. It is very tight inside that small car. Thanks for responses.

Old 06-15-15, 02:20 AM
Try to find a book on the car . What year model is it ?

God bless
Wyr

Search this Thread