Timing information on 91 blazer 4.3L

Old 07-11-15, 04:31 PM
Timing information on 91 blazer 4.3L

So my distributor went bad and I installed a new one. I checked timing although it was running good but with a little miss. It now idles at 12 over, when I hit 8 over it idles rough so I cant get it to idle closer to 0.
Maybe the distributor is off a tooth or 2? but im not sure if these blazers work that way. I know my supra was like this every other tooth.The truck when its 20 over it purrs, I know the timing chain could have stretched but lets rule that out for a second because at 20 over the idle seems a bit high.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-15, 05:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Unless there are big changes, you will either be dead on or 180 degrees out when you install the distributor. Take it out, turn it 180 degrees and reinstall it. See if that help.

Old 07-11-15, 08:14 PM
well i know it runs like it is so if i flip it to the back side and try to time it then it prolly wont run.

As is the point on the rotor is facing the #2 piston. I even tried pulling the plugs and putting them back one point on the cap. Wouldnt start so I just put eveything back the way it was, facing the #2 piston. Idles good runs good. The only issue is I cant go lower then 8 advanced or it dies