jeep wont start

Old 07-30-15, 08:30 AM
jeep wont start

help. 98 jeep grand cherokee. no crank. telltales light up windows work in accessory position, gauges dont move when switched to on position. windows wont roll down in on position. lights dont dim when key moved to start. swapped relays around no change, not able to jump start. very new battery and neg. cable' thinking ignition switch or park/neutral sensor, any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-15, 09:28 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Does the battery have caps, to add water? It sounds stupid but no one checks the water level. I even saw a battery labeled as sealed but still had the caps.

Old 07-30-15, 10:12 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

gauges don't move when switched to on position. windows wont roll down in on position.
Sounds like you lost an ignition supply. It could be a fuse, a relay or the ignition switch.
When I get a problem like yours I take my 12v test light and check EVERY fuse. Under the dash and under the hood.

Old 07-30-15, 12:00 PM
Is a barely loose cable possible? That has happened to me before.

Old 07-30-15, 01:45 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
My helper had the same symptoms in his Chevy truck. He had a full battery, but no ignition. All the lights lit up. He replaced the ignition switch, and a host of other things, before he realized it was a miisaligned park/neutral switch. Loosen two screws, move the module, tighten the screws. He felt really bad. He had apparently kicked the switch getting in or out of the truck and caused the misalignment.