?s 2005 Ford Freestar Van

Old 08-14-15, 05:05 PM
Group Moderator
?s 2005 Ford Freestar Van

Just bought it and off course started to notice things I should have noticed during the test drive.

First is a yellow icon on the right side of the speedometer which looks like an exclamation point inside headphones.

Then driving home I get a green message on the dashboard that says "Reset Tire". Tires look okay.

The bigie I missed altogether was the passenger side sliding door doesn't open. (Now I know why the salesman opened the driver side sliding door.) Drivers side sliding door is fine. I seem to hear the lock engage and disengage and the button seems to be pulled up. Could it be a disconnected linkage? Neither inside or outside handle will open it

Is the key electronic? Its got a big plastic bow on it but it seems all the electronics are in the key fob. Need to get a spare key made and was just wondering.

Last edited by ray2047; 08-14-15 at 07:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-15, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Sure you don't mean Windstar? If so you got hosed since they were only made til 2003. Possibly Freestar?

Old 08-14-15, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
The light is for the same thing as the message. It's a tire issue. The U shape is the cutaway profile of a tire.

Dunno about the door, but seems likely a linkage issue. You said salesman...no warranty? Take it back and have them fix it if so.

Any place that makes keys can tell you, but since you have a fob, I would tend to think not. Prob wrong on that

Old 08-14-15, 06:42 PM
Group Moderator
It is a Freestar. I'm going to blame my typo on car hunting by bus in 100° temperatures.

Finally got my second wind and did some Googeling. I think I have the answers I need right now. Thanks all.

Last edited by ray2047; 08-14-15 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-15-15, 01:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have a freestar and on the resetting of tire pressure I have found manual is wrong. Got it written down someplace if you have trouble let me know and will look it up. Can you open door from inside? Door has to come off to get inside panel off. Pretty easy but you have to open door first.

Old 08-15-15, 03:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Different manufacture but the tire pressure idiot light on my jeep will come on any time that the air pressure gets to 33 psi or lower so it's not like you can visibly tell there is a low tire - you need to check them with a gauge. The light on mine always goes out on it's own shortly after airing the tires up.

Search this Thread