Thermosteel or something similar to temporarily fix a leak on the flange

Old 08-20-15, 03:31 PM
Thermosteel or something similar to temporarily fix a leak on the flange

Of course I'm on vacation about 200 miles away from home, and there is a leak in the roof flange where the catalytic converter connects to the exhaust pipe. it's just a little bit of excess noise now, but anybody who's dealt with this before, knows it'll be like a jet plane by the time we get midway through the trip back.I was thinking of using Thermo steel, or something like it as a temporary fix until I come back home. Wondering what you all thought about that. My only concern would be I don't know how hard it would be to get rid of it by the garage once I get back home in order to properly repair it. Don't want to shoot myself in the foot for the sake of the fear of not getting fleeced on vacation plus finding a reputable place. Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-15, 03:42 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Is thermosteel similar to JB Weld? I like JB Weld. I would try that with that wrap around stuff, if it still exists.

Old 08-20-15, 09:29 PM
Group Moderator
there is a leak in the roof flange where the catalytic converter connects to the exhaust pipe
Roof flange ? I'm used to seeing all types of typos but I'm not sure there.

I doubt JB Weld would be very effective on an exhaust leak but if it did hold it would be no problem to remove. It's not that strong. None of those "in tube" solutions would be permanent.

What kind of a leak is it...... pipe rotted thru, pipe separating, ?