Radio question - preset stations

Old 10-02-15, 03:16 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Radio question - preset stations

Radio Question –

I recently purchased a 2015 Toyota Camry LE. I want to preset 3 or 4 stations. When accessing the station list, I see many stations already preselected. Since I don’t have need for all these stations, how can I delete some of these stations so they do not appear on the list?

Is there a default or clear option?

There is a Refresh option. I selected that, but could not see any changes. Do you know what the Refresh option does?

Thanks,
Jerry

Old 10-02-15, 03:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
i doubt there is a "delete" function. Putting in your favorites will override the ones that are there, now. If all else fails, and since you are a guy, I don't recommend this, but get out the instruction book

Old 10-02-15, 04:01 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
since you are a guy, I don't recommend this, but get out the instruction book
!

There is no delete. Just select all the other buttons to you favorite station and then is doesn't matter. Whatever button you hit will be your station (NPR?)

Old 10-02-15, 04:16 PM
J
Thanks for the replies. The Instruction Book does not discuss a delete option. It only states you can override a selection. Since I only listen to 3 or 4 stations, my goal was not searching through all the other listed stations to find my favorites.

The manual does not say what “Refresh” does.

Thanks,
Jerry

Old 10-02-15, 05:46 PM
Received 62 Upvotes on 53 Posts
Just select your station over the previously saved one. It will supersede one before.

Old 10-02-15, 06:58 PM
J
Thanks for the return. My problem was having to search through all 36 preprogrammed presets to find my favorite stations. However, after some button pushing I did come across a partial solution. There is a default option that allows you to set the number of presets. It starts at 6 then 12, etc. So, by limiting the number of presets to 12, I now only have to preview 12 stations to make a selection. So, that is workable.

Jerry

Old 10-02-15, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
On many radios, you can manually tune in you favorite station.

Then you decide what button you want to get you to it.

Push in and hold the button down for second or so.

That station will be the one you get when you push that button.

The previous setting will automatically be replaced and the one you have will always be there when you want it unless you push in that button and hold it if you got that station manually.

There is no deleting, since you can automatically replace what station was attached to that button.

It worked that way on the 5 or 6 cars I previously had.

Dick

Old 10-03-15, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
I think we are all a bit behind the times. Jerry probably has no real buttons...just a touch screen. Thats the way the Ex's 2014 Kia was.

Jerry, there shouldn't be a problem just putting your favorites in the first few positions...or doubling them up so you have duplicates.

If it's still an issue...just go to the dealer and get them to help out...it's almost brand new fer gawds sake.

Old 10-03-15, 07:58 PM
Received 24 Upvotes on 19 Posts
Have the salesman show you how to do it.
He made a bundle on the sale.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: