GS300 Lexus

Old 10-16-15, 06:59 AM
GS300 Lexus

just got 2003 GS300 lexus want to know oil change,type of transmission oil,Brake pad if ok from Oreily,parts for maintenance

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-15, 11:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Basically a Toyota in sheep's clothing. There are tons of sites with info and possibly an owner's manual. 10-30 conventional oil is fine. For brake pads, I would go for the ceramic when you need to replace them. After market parts - especially for basic maintenance items are the sensible way to go.

Old 10-16-15, 02:16 PM
As Lexus owner - we love them - congratulations.
Good cars.
Oil is 5W20. If no leaks and not oil burner, like ours are, go for good synthetic oil. On wife's now gone 99 RX300, I did oil changes with Amsoil at around 12 000 miles. Engine was very tight. I could prolly go more.
I do not recommend ceramic pads. I had them on OEM rotors and removed after 2 or so months. Rub.Very annoying brake rub noise right before halt. Replaced with semi mets and never had that issue again.
Spark plugs are due at roughly 100 000 miles. NGK. O'Reilly is fine, just ask them to gap them to spec. You will be looking at a lot of $$ though to do plugs on Lexus transverse V6. Dealer charges $540 plus for the job. Rear ones are total PITA to get to. If you decide to DIY them, lemme know, I'll tell you how to in 40 minutes.
You need to clean VVT-I filters at about same mileage. Or, run Seafom twice a year via crankcase. Filters, metal mesh type cones, are located below VVT-I actuators in each bank, on transmission side. Be very careful removing them, filter base is easy to crumble plastic. Easy access though.
ATF changes. The usual.
You likely have timing belt, that is also due same time.