Passenger side Power window won't respond

Old 11-15-15, 03:44 PM
Passenger side Power window won't respond

2001 Pontiac montana.

Ok So I replaced the passenger side door mirror cause it was broken but in the process of removing the power window wire connector from the window switch the whole switch came apart with the wire connector still attached to the switch cover and just leaving the button and pins exposed on the panel. I put it back together the way I think it went together but now the window does not respond even from the master control on the drivers side.I assume I just need to replace the switch and it will work or do I need to replace the wire harness for the window?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-15, 04:27 PM
One picture is worth thousand words.
I'd say, if SWITCH fell apart, investigate harness for any damage and if none, replace switch. Salvage yards are good source.

Old 11-15-15, 04:47 PM
OK got it working again. What happened was when I put the switch back together a couple of the pins got bent and didn't make connection with the wire harness. bent them back into postion and now it works correctly from both doors.

Old 11-15-15, 07:51 PM
Great. I recalled my 86 LeBaron who had very similar problem on driver side.
Good you fixed it.
Best

Old 11-16-15, 04:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Years ago when money was tight I bought a car that the driver's door window didn't work. The plug was bad but I jammed a paper clip into and then a gator clamp to the clip which completed the connection making it work. It failed a few yrs later but that time I had sense enough to tape it all in place. While a new plug is always nice/easy often you can make the old damaged one work or bypass it all together.