Aux input Honda Civic 2006

Old 01-21-16, 07:37 PM
Aux input Honda Civic 2006

I want to install an aux input into my 2006 Honda Civic EX, so I found this Amazon.com: Genuine Honda 39112-SNA-A01 Auxiliary Input Jack Assembly: Automotive online and I wanted to install that but this part alone doesnt come with the wire, and its just a replacement aux jack, I would need to somehow get a wire to connect to that to the radio does anyone have any ideas how or where I can get one?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-16, 08:26 PM
Group Moderator
That part from amazon is only a replacement jack assembly. It would be to replace a defective existing jack in a car that already had one. You need a jack assembly kit with cable.

I'm note sure if the EX has the aux cable in the car. The LX does.

In this video... this guy shows a new installation. The kit he's using is an OEM Honda kit and I think requires a cable to already be in the car. Watch the video and see if you have that cable in place he plugs into.

you tube/watch?v=JMq8tKoyxrE

You can use this site to locate a kit. Once you've entered all the info they require.... it will give you the actual Honda kit needed. Then you can opt to use that one or search for a similar kit online.
Honda Civic Accessories

If you don't have an aux cable in the vehicle you may need to use an adapter like this.

Hon03-Aux Honda Auxiliary audio input interface mp3 converter Accord civic

This video shows what's needed to be done to use an aftermarket converter kit....
you tube/watch?v=DjwQ3Q5mNJo

Old 01-21-16, 08:43 PM
Oh, the Honda Civic Accessories website doesnt ship to canada. And I wanted an aux input like the one from my amazon link

Old 01-21-16, 09:44 PM
Group Moderator
I understand that. Use the link I left to get the Honda factory kit part number. With that number you can search for a place near you. The Honda kit should be around $50.00

Your link is to a jack ONLY. You need the cable for it and then you need to have a place to plug that cable in.

Old 01-21-16, 10:01 PM
i couldnt find that kit anywhere near me for 50$, the only place i could find it was on ebay for 100+shipping. And yea I understand, I was prepared to buy an aux cord for it, but I just wanted to install an input for it for somewhat cheap.

Old 01-21-16, 10:05 PM
**So my plan was to buy that replacement part, and try to wire it to my radio myself without having to buy an expensive kit

Old 01-22-16, 10:34 AM
Go to hondatech website, maybe someone already done it. I'd rather pay more and have GROM bluetooth and usb plug&play adapter installed. Then I can stream and what not.