Chrysler replacement light bulb questions

Old 02-20-16, 01:52 PM
Chrysler replacement light bulb questions

My wife's 2007 Chrysler 300 Limited has a burned out license plate light bulb. I removed the light socket from the car (two phillips screws) but the bulb and socket appear to be an assembly. I did remove it from the plastic case with a twist and pull but how do I get the bulb itself out?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-16, 02:19 PM
Chrysler license Plate light bulb

OK I got the answer from a Utube video (bulb pulls straight out) but I have another problem. The bulbs that illuminate the heater control dials on the dash upper console are also out. From the Utube video, I can see how to remove the twin heater controls from the dash, but I could not see how to change the light bulbs which are probably inside the control case. If they change out the same way that GM Instrument cluster lights do, I got it. Anybody ever done this?

Old 02-20-16, 04:35 PM
Group Moderator
The bulbs in the heater control most likely do not change out like dashboard lamps.
Most of the controllers use solder in type lamps.

Old 02-21-16, 07:52 AM
Light bulb questions

Well , I have an 88 Thunderbird, a 99 Olds, and a 2007 Chrysler 300, all rust free cars that run like new, but they look like a rolling German Prison Camp when I drive them at night, with all the 12 volt cigarette lighter search lights installed so I can see the instruments. Now I guess I have to get one of those hundred dollar controlled temp soldering irons....

Thanks for the replies!